Ephesians 3:20 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us"


Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Very Emotional Day

Well all I am going to try to make this short as it has been a very emotional and long day.

They are now wondering if Caleb is in Congestive Heart Failure. They have requested the Cath lab reports from Pittsburgh and are considering doing another Cath Lab here as he was so sick and things may have changed with his heart during this time.

In addition, they said his lungs don't look any better, in regards to the fungus, by x-ray. However, he is still extabated at this time. However, they said the fluid around his lungs is worse.

In addition, they are starting to get more concerned about his eyes. Opthamology came and did an exam today and said that they do not believe the fungal infection has spread to his eyes and his optic nerve looks good. But, they are wondering if his fungal infection has spread to his brain. So they are going to do a lengthy MRI that will check to see if the infection is in his brain, hopefully sometime tomorrow. They may try to do the MRI and Cath Lab tomorrow.

Dr. Markert (the Thymus Transplant doctor) told the critical care docs that she is not sure Caleb would survive the Thymus Transplant in the condition he is in now.

So that is where we are right now. We are very nervous and scared!!!!! Please continue to pray for Caleb.

God Bless Caleb!!

12 comments:

amy and mighty max said...

My heart sank as I read your latest post Sarah. I am so sorry. I know you must just be feeling crushed tonight, and you have every right. This is such a scary time for all of you. I am glad to know you are such in a capable hospital, but I am sure you are also missing your PA medical team that you knew so well.

Take care Sarah...and please keep us posted. So many things up in the air right now for sweet lil' Caleb...it is absolutely heartbreaking, isn't it?

You are in our thoughts...

Amy and Maxwell

Becky said...

Dearest Sarah,
My prayers will be stronger than ever tonight. God Bless Caleb and your family !! LOVE to all of you!!
Becky

CorrieYoung said...

We are stepping up the prayers right now for sweet little Caleb. Hang in there,and know that we, however far away, are right there with you in spirit.

Kiss Caleb's little head and tell him that his friends in MO are praying like crazy for him.

Love and prayers,
Corrie

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Caleb is having such a tough time and can only imagine how difficult this is for all of you. Know that you all are loved and prayed for continuosly by so many people.

Much love-
Chris XOXO

Anonymous said...

Brian & Sarah,
Keep the faith! It has gotten you this far. Caleb has proven time and time again, he is a fighter and draws his strength from the your presence and love. As always, our love and prayers are with you.
Robbie, Drew & O

Anonymous said...

I wish I could help freeze this rollercoaster at the top, but we are sending you all our strength, love and prayers. Give Bubber kisses for us and know we love for you and are praying for you!!! God Bless Caleb!!
Love-
Aunt Jen, Uncle Andy, and Haleigh

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Sarah & Brian...I hope today is better...I love you all.

God Bless & Lotsa Love,
Jess

Crystal M. said...

My thoughts and prayers are coming your way. I am so sorry about the new news. My heart breaks for you. Please remember we are all here for you.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

skeybunny said...

Sarah,

I am so sorry to read the latest news on Mr. Caleb. Please know that you are in our family's thoughts and prayers. I pray for all the strenght in the world so Caleb can fight this nasty fungal infection.

Hugs,
Sarah, Jeremy, and Evan

Mary said...

Praying for Caleb and his family.

Anonymous said...

sarah and brian
i just read your post and i'm so sorry.caleb is a fighter and god is with him always and keeping him strong. your family is in my thoughts and prayers always and i pray each day gets better.
god bless caleb sarah and brian
love alana

Anonymous said...

I am Eva's grandma (Crystal's mom) I just want you to know I will be praying for Caleb. May God be with Caleb and your family during these very emotional times. God bless, Barbara Yusten