Ephesians 3:20 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us"


Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What is going on with my lil' man? *UPDATED*

I am writing this post as a very emotional mommy who has watched her little boy have so much sickness lately and who is sick again.  I am emotional because I feel so bad that I cannot figure out all the time what is making him feel so sick; and emotional that he has had a rough time lately.

Christmas Eve Caleb woke up with a very nasty cough that earned him a trip to Med Express.  He was put on an antibiotic and breathing treatments. Caleb did not eat a thing that day.  And once again, we can't ask him why as he can't tell us.  Later that day Caleb started dry heaving which we wondered if it was due to the congestion or was he getting a GI bug on top of the cold.  But in the back of my mind I am warped from the dry heaving he had recently with the shunt and found myself automatically fearing that also.  And again, he can't tell us why he was dry heaving.  :(  The next day, Christmas Day, Caleb did not eat at all and Brian's and my stress level continued to rise as we just don't know what is going on with him.  Well, the day after Christmas Caleb ate a little bit more BUT today he hasn't and had a very bad dry heaving episode again and is now asleep on the couch-very far from his typical behavior.

I am writing this to ask for HUGE PRAYERS!  I want my baby to feel better, to catch a break!  I try not to be negative, but I am very upset seeing him like this lately and not being able to fix it.  Please pray that he feels better and this is nothing serious and please pray for me and Brian that we are less anxious and stressed!  Thank you friends!


UPDATE:   He is awake, and acting normal. Good that he is acting normal BUT, still puzzled by the wretching this morning. Heard back from Children's and now we are consulting with Neurosurgery to see what they think.


Neurosurgery has scheduled Caleb for some imaging in the morning to check on his brain and see how the shunt is working and if it is the culprit of these symptoms.

God Bless you all!!

God Bless Caleb and Camryn!!

2 comments:

CorrieYoung said...

Praying right now for him along with the rest of you! God bless!

Corrie

Amy, Mike and Ben Russo said...

Yes, I am sending some strong prayers ur way. Hang in there. You are doing all you can and I feel you pain. We struggle with the same communication issues. It is so hard and gets me sobbing too. Sometimes though a good cry helps me focus afterwards.