Ephesians 3:20 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us"


Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cold Go Away and Feeds

Well, the cold is still here. I have it also, and Bri woke up this morning not feeling the best and I am scared he is gonna come down with it too. So this is one persistent bug going around in our house. YUCK. Caleb is dealing better with his breathing treatments he gets every four hours. Kind've ironic, he used to get a treatment every four hours in the hospital when he was in there for over a year and half straight and even for awhile after he initially came home, and they didn't bother him at all. When we started the treatments for the cold, he was very mad. So it is a good thing, that he is mad and that these treatments are not second-nature to him anymore like they used to be.

As far as feeds...I am happy to report that Caleb is willing to eat more by mouth. However, he is not taking enough to maintain his weight so we are still supplementing via his feeding tube. He still does not know how to chew so we are working with that along with his SEVERE aversion still to drinking. If we were able to get him over his aversion to eat then I am keeping the faith that I can get him to drink. This is hard though as I have read through research that kids with these aversions, especially since he never has taken any liquid by mouth, that they feel like they are drowning when taking a drink. So this is going to be a battle but we can do it! It just might take time.

I still haven't heard anything from Duke regarding Caleb's IgG levels and if he maintained them on his own. It will be a month on the 22nd since the blood draw so we are really hoping we hear something soon. It is crazy that next month will be two years since Caleb's transplant! Wow what a journey....Brian and I were reminiscing the other night on the deck about the journey we have been through the past three years and all I can say is WOW. We have been through a lot. I guess when you are going through it you take it one day at a time and don't realize how much you are going through, the whirlwind of emotions: you feel so tired, scared, defeated, happy, sad, etc. I can't believe what we all have been through as a family. I am blessed to have such an amazing little boy with such determination and fight and an such an amazing, supporting, and loving husband. I love you both so very much, my boys!

Also, for those who haven't seen them yet there are pictures of our beach vacation a couple posts down the page!

Thanks for checking in!

God Bless you all!!

God Bless Caleb!!

1 comment:

Crystal M. said...

I hope you all feel better soon. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics of your wonderful vaction what a treat and I am sure there were many tears of joy going on there.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva